$10 a month. 10 months.
Help make a real difference in the lives of adults with disability.
Welcome to 2019! Here at Cara we’re asking you to kick off your year knowing that you’re making a difference in the lives of adults with disability. We are asking for your commitment.
When you give us $10 a month, for 10 months (or perhaps a one-off donation of $100) you’ll be funding projects that bring real joy to adults with disability and support them to THRIVE.
You’ll be giving the gift of independence, joy and fun to adults who use our Short Term Accommodation, Getaways and Farm Stay supports.
At Cara, we are proud to work alongside people with disability of all ages and at every life stage.
We know that once children with disability turn 18, sometimes their supports can drift off. Not at Cara. We assist adults with disability to work out what matters to them, set real goals and achieve those goals.
Along the way, it’s about having fun, making friends, relaxing and living. It’s about thriving.
What we want to provide are the activities that make life truly fun. Things which make joining us at Cara enriching and engaging.
Your donation will fund things such as:
- Let's Be Active: Large outdoor games which everyone can be supported to play. Think oversized Connect 4, Jenga, bocce, skittles, table tennis and snooker.
- Backyard To Bowl: Gardening equipment, including raised garden beds (which are great for accessibility), plants, seeds, watering cans and hoses, tools for pruning, clipping and weeding to encourage harvesting and cooking food from the garden.
- A Feast For The Senses: Tailored sensory boxes with things like water beads, rice, shaving cream, material, buttons, things which make noise, which smell nice – the list is endless – to surprise and delight.
- Ready To Play: Indoor board games like Monopoly, Uno, Scrabble, Snakes and Ladders, chess, checkers, Pictionary which are always fun to play with friends.
- Pamper Me: Hair styling equipment, nail polish, make up, lotions and potions, everything you need for a “spoil me” session.
What does this mean? Social engagement, learning new skills, fostering independence and encouraging an active lifestyle. But, like everyone else, at Cara we call that having fun, laughing with friends and having a great time.
So help us. Give us $10, commit for 10 months and make a real and lasting difference in the lives of adults with disability.
Select the regular giving option and your account will be debited $10 for 10 months. Of course, we hope you’ll stay on as a regular Cara giver. And you can cancel anytime if your circumstances change. No matter how small, every single donation helps us deliver on our promise to children and adults with disability: we find possible.