NDIS, Housing and You
When it comes to planning for the future, thinking about a place to call home is a priority for all people.
Your home of the future might be in a high-rise apartment, a unit in a small group or a traditional house. You might choose to live alone or share with housemates.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will allow for a range of accommodation options for people with disabilties, from home modifications to finding and securing share house accommodation.
Other families may wish to explore using their superannuation to invest in accessible housing.
Join Cara for TWO upcoming housing forums
Register your interest now
Registration is essential.
Please phone 8347 4588 or email email@example.com to secure your place. Please specify whether you would like to RSVP for the Grange event OR you are interested in joining us in Port Lincoln.
Cara's NDIS housing forums
Cara is seeking people in the Adelaide metropolitan area who are interested in learning more about disability accommodation.
Join Cara staff and our panel of experts as we explore a case study. The case study features Cara parents who are exploring how to provide for their child as they approach retirement.
We are seeking RSVPs for our forum in Grange on Thursday, March 30 from 9.15am to noon and expressions of interest for a forum in Port Lincoln on Monday, April 10 from 9.15am to noon.
Meet representatives from Cara, The Growing Space, Cowell Clarke Commercial Lawyers, My TeePee developers and the National Australia Bank.
Who should attend?
• Cara customers who want to know more about what their housing options might be with the NDIS.
• Individuals with disability, and their families, planning for future accommodation goals.
• People who may want to invest in housing for people living with a disability – the government provides a Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) allowance which is very generous to landlords.
Why should I attend?
• Learn more about the NDIS SDA allowance.
• Understand the housing options available to people living with disability.
• Explore the possibilities of financial security for a person living with disability.
Follow one family's journey with Cara's Housing blog
Paul Scardigno is a Cara customer who, with wife Susan and their daughter Anais, 8, lives in an apartment in Woodville West with support from Cara’s Concierge service. This blog follows their journey from Paul's diagnosis with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) through to understanding their current situation. It will also follow their journey as they seek to move into alternative accommodation. We don't know where this journey will go, but we hope that it helps others considering housing options, what the NDIS means for housing, as well as better understanding what is possible with the support of Cara.