Who can use Specialist Services?
- Children and adults with disability who use Cara services
- Participants in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- People with self-funding
- People with individualised funding from Disability SA
How does it work?
Cara’s Specialist Services team is made up of experienced and highly-skilled staff who are committed to working alongside you to find creative ways to get the most out of life!
It might be a new way of communicating, getting involved in your community, learning new skills or becoming independent – whatever your hopes, dreams and goals are, the team is here to work with you, your family and your supporters at home, school or work.
Specialist Services can help increase your confidence and skills in:
- Independent living
- Getting involved in the community
- Shopping and food preparation
- Communication skills (including Key Word Signing)
- Time management and planning
- Social skills
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Relationships and sexuality
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Information technology and media, including social media
- Transition Planning, including starting school or leaving home
Staff from Specialist Services can provide individual training, coaching and mentoring for your support team and agency staff so everyone is working towards your NDIS goals.
The team can also create personalised resources like menu planners, goal charts and social stories which you can use with your family, friends and staff.
Using your NDIS funding
Funding for Specialised Services is recognised by the NDIS under these terms:
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved relationships
- Improved life choices
- Support coordination
Want to know more?
Please contact one of our Customer Engagement Team on: