Care, dignity, respect and safety we all expect
People with a disability are entitled to receive the level of care, dignity, respect and safety we all expect. Cara wants to ensure this happens in practice through policies, strict compliance with government standards as well as the development of internal charters.
- Cara has achieved the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management system in the provision of accommodation and respite services to persons with severe and multiples disabilities. The International Standards Organisation (ISO) is the globally implemented standard for providing assurance about the ability to satisfy quality requirements and to enhance customer satisfaction in supplier-customer relationships.
- Cara is the first organisation to achieve the highest level of accreditation within the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion’s Service Excellence Program.
- Cara also maintains accreditation to the Commonwealth Government’s Community Care Common Standards, a three-yearly accreditation program of the Department of Health and Ageing.
- Cara is a member of the ethical fundraising organisation, Charity Direct http://www.charitydirect.org.au/, which promotes ethical behaviour, responsible cost management and compliance with legislation and Code of Conduct.
Cara's internal Charters for Clients
Find more about the Charter here about Your Rights, Responsibilities & Privacy
Charter of Rights for Children and Young People in Care
- Cara endorses this Charter of RIghts. More information can be found here
National Disability Standards
- Download the document here
National Community Care Common Standards
United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability
- Download the Convention document here